Volunteer with FYI Purgolders
FYI Purgolders use sports as a "hook" to reach and effect positive change in 4th-8th grade youth. The aim of the program is to create student-athletes, with an emphasis on supporting school engagement and life skill development. Volunteers are a crucial part of this program and receive constant support from FYI staff:
- All volunteers collaborate with FYI staff to develop a curriculum of practice plans that combine the sport practices with life skill development, with opportunities for coach input.
- The FYI Purgolders Staff handles things like registration, facility rentals and scheduling, and most parent communication to allow coaches to just coach.
Several different positions are available for volunteers. Experience with sports or coaching sports is not necessary for all positions. Bring your individual expertise to the program!
- Ability to demonstrate fundamental skills to youth in an age appropriate manner and understanding of the rules of the sport, previous youth coaching experience preferred
- Support head coach in running practice. At least basic knowledge of the rules of the sport preferred
- Assist head and assistant coaches in implementing practice plans while understanding the collaborative plan for the day
Parent Team Manager
- Work with coaches to distribute information about schedules, changes, carpooling etc. to other parents